Many venues have restrictions on traditional confetti but this petal confetti uses real flowers meaning it is biodegradable. The technique is quick, fun and creates really beautiful petal confetti. Use flowers from your garden and it’s even free!
The technique is simple enough for everyone to follow so why not share the video amongst your guests for them to make their own petal confetti. A real way to get everyone to contribute to your DIY wedding. The collage of different colours from everyone’s garden in your confetti wedding photo will be astonishing.
- Use fresh flowers, these can be picked from your garden or bought in the shop. Either way, make sure the flowers are in their prime and not browning at all. Discard any browning petals and they will just turn completely brown in the process.
- Gently pluck the petals from the steam.
- Spread the petals on a piece of kitchen roll so the petals aren’t touching.
- Place another piece of kitchen roll on top.
- Put in the microwave and cook on full power.
- Start with 30 seconds and then check the petals.
- Keep adding more time until the petals have shrivelled and are crispy to touch.
We would love to see any of your creations of petal confetti particularly your official wedding photos. Comment below with your DIY petal confetti videos and photos.